In order to allow the free movement of products in Europe and to guarantee the safety of persons, domestic animals or goods, the CE marking of a product attests, under the responsibility of its manufacturer, that the essential requirements of all European directives and/or regulations applicable to the product are met. In order to affix the CE marking which is compulsory on a covered product, the manufacturer must assess its conformity before placing it on the European market.
as a manufacturer
So, as a manufacturer, your obligations are the same whether you are based inside or outside the EU. You must know the rules and standards applicable to your product from the design stage. You must :
- Identify the applicable requirements; applicable directive(s) and harmonised standard(s)
- Check the specific requirements of the product
- Determine whether an independent conformity assessment (by a notified body) is necessary (e.g. PPE with APAVE)
- Test the product and verify its conformity. Write and keep available the required technical documentation
- Affix the CE marking and draw up the EU declaration of conformity
- If your product is mass-produced, ensure that each stage of production guarantees its compliance with the applicable legislation
The main directive applicable to
electrical and electronic equipment
Where to carry out your
Our laboratories are able to offer COFRAC, UKAS and IECEE accredited testing in EMC, RED (Radio) and electrical safety (DBT), measurements for the USA, Canada (FCC and ISDE) and Korea (KC Recognition):
*IECEE accreditation "CB scheme" is an international system of mutual acceptance of test reports and certificates for the conformity of your products internationally.
The advantages of
the Sopemea cluster
- Our laboratories can test your products according to the identified standards
- We support you in the various stages of marketing in Europe or in other regions of the world with the help of APAVE certification
- Our commercial services with the support of our experts help you to identify the applicable directive(s) and the relevant harmonised standards
- Competent teams
- High-performance, relevant and sometimes unique testing facilities
- Multiple services in EMC, LVD, RED (radio equipment), climatic, mechanic, hydraulic and electrical safety
- Regional offices
If you are planning to market your products outside of Europe, such as the USA, Canada, Japan, UK or other countries, SOPEMEA can assist you via its IECEE accreditations for the international market, its FCC (US) and KC (Korea) tests, and its partnership with APAVE CERTIFICATION, or PARC for UKCA marking.
Examples of tests
- Safety tests: Protection against electric shock - Dielectric strength - Temperature rise - Leakage currents - Insulation resistance - Creepage distances and distances in air - Tracking currents - Moisture resistance - Glow wire - Fire resistance - Fault condition analysis
- Environmental testing: Protection against liquid ingress (IPX1 to X8) - Protection against solid ingress (IP1X to 6X) - Protection against external mechanical impact (IK01 to IK10)
- Electromagnetic compatibility tests: Emission tests - Immunity tests, EMF measurements with regard to the protection of persons.
- Radio" tests
Our areas of
A COMPLETE SERVICE OFFER ADAPTED TO YOUR NEEDS
MORE THAN 70 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
A LOCAL NETWORK